Having a face-to-face meeting with a lawyer is one of the best ways when it comes to hiring a professional construction lawyer. However, before you have a direct meeting, there are questions you can ask them on the phone. The answers they provide can help you to indicate whether or not to hire that lawyer before going for a face-to-face meeting. These are a set of questions you shouldn’t shy away in asking a lawyer over the phone.
- Has the lawyer handled a similar case like yours in the past? If yes, then how similar was the case and what was the outcome of the case? Was it a win or lose?
- When it comes to fees, does the lawyer charge for consultation? If they do, ask them whether they have a flat fee or charge you by the hour?
- Another fees-related one is to ask then the type of payment they accept. Do they accept cash, check or online transaction? You may also want to ask if they can negotiate for some sort of discount in case the fees are little high for you.
- When it comes to handling your case, is the lawyer along going to handle your case or is there going to be another person handling your case when the lawyer is busy?
- How are we going to communicate? Ask them about the communication frequency which is very important.
- Can the lawyer provide you information of another lawyer? In case they are unable to handle the for you.
By asking these questions, this is how you should interview when hiring construction lawyers in Brisbane and other parts of Australia.